If time and/or resource is a challenge
Counselling can be incredibly beneficial for improving mental health and well-being, but sometimes finding the time and resources to attend regular sessions can be a challenge. Fortunately, there are some quick and simple, tried and tested, strategies you can try to get the benefits of counselling in just 5 minutes, and even small steps can make a big difference over time.
5 for 5 - the tried and tested 5 minute strategies
- Practice deep breathing: A simple but effective way to manage stress and anxiety. Take a few moments to sit or stand comfortably, close your eyes, and take a deep breath in through your nose. Hold the breath for a few seconds, and then exhale slowly through your mouth. Repeat this for five minutes, focusing on the sensation of the breath moving in and out of your body.
- Journaling: Writing down your thoughts and feelings can be a powerful tool for self-reflection and emotional processing. Take five minutes to jot down your current mood, any worries or concerns, or anything else that comes to mind. The goal is simply to get your thoughts out of your head and onto paper.
- Mindfulness meditation: Focus your attention on the present moment and accept your thoughts and feelings without judgment. Find a quiet spot to sit comfortably, close your eyes, and focus on your breath. When your mind wanders, gently bring your attention back to your breath.
- Positive affirmations: Positive affirmations are short, positive “I AM” statements that can help boost your mood and self-esteem. Take five minutes to repeat some affirmations to yourself, such as “I AM worthy,” “I AM capable,” or “I AM loved.” You can also write down affirmations and post them in places where you’ll see them regularly, like on your bathroom mirror or computer monitor.
- Gratitude practice: Practicing gratitude can help shift your focus from negative thoughts and feelings to the positive things in your life. Take five minutes to write down three things you’re grateful for today, such as a supportive friend, a delicious meal, or a beautiful sunset. You can also make a habit of expressing gratitude out loud to others or silently to yourself throughout the day.
And the revolutionary 5 minute chat option
If you think you could benefit from counselling type support but don’t fancy probing questions, or endless therapy sessions then Optimal Sound Therapy with personalised Sound Files, could be absolutely right for you.
It is a nurturing, reassuring experience that respects your emotional comfort zone. Just speak for 5 minutes about anything, and our innovative software measures and connects voice vibrations and brain waves to underlying emotions.
This fascinatingly perceptive technology allows you to access your inner world and explore your emotional make-up accurately, and to then transform anxiety easily, deal with triggers, and achieve clarity, harmony, and ultimately emotional balance.
Your own bespoke Sound Files
Your Sound Therapy Technician will create personalised Sound Files, accessed via an app. Just pop on your headphones and listen daily for self-resolution.
If you can gift yourself a minimum of 15-minutes morning and night, then this empowering treatment will restore neural pathways, and gift you emotional wellbeing.
The recommended minimum is 3x 15 minutes per day, the absolute minimum is 2 x 15 minutes per day. Ideally whilst resting. If not, then you can listen whilst performing non stressful activities i.e. sitting at your computer or doing other light work.
It is recommended to update Sound Files about every 6-8 weeks as you become more balanced. This is your choice.
How Optimal Health Can Help
We recommend starting with an Optimal Sound Therapy Assessment.
We are one of very few UK Clinics to offer Optimal Sound Therapy which is easy to access online or in-clinic. Swiftly reach harmony and emotional balance, through listening daily to bespoke Sound Files, accessed via a web page.